I am a Graphic Designer with a little bit of Front-End Web Development experience—no one would ever confuse me with a programmer or full-stack developer. In all honesty it takes some knowledge and experience for me to accurately assess what I know and what I don’t know.
One of the cardinal rules of design is never, ever misrepresent yourself or your abilities (better to be perceived as ignorant than incompetent), so rather than fake it here are five resources you can use immediately in your journey to web design:
- General Assembly, their onsite front-end courses are a great way to network and learn
- Codecademy, useful interactive online courses
- A List Apart, informative blog tracking the web industry
- Code School, fun and challenging online training
- Lynda, the definitive resource for online design training, learn at your own pace
Find out what you don’t know, gain confidence, and have fun!